Thank you Vista School Board!


You know I often get stuck in the grind of the day to day. And I forget what a great job I have. MY job is easily overwhelming, stressful, etc. But really it's those adorable kiddos that make my job so great. I get to spend my day with 9 & 10 year olds. I get to hear all about the things that excite them worry them, and scare them. I get to hear all about what happens at home. I get to hear them tell me that they love me, and that I'm their favorite teacher in the world. I get to hear their silly comments as I'm trying to teach them. I get to see how excited they get when we reach the climax of our read-aloud in class! I get to see major growth in the areas of reading and writing! But with all of these wonderful things, sometime I forget about these little things that make teaching fun. I get so stressed and overwhelmed with all the things I need to do for my students to be sure they are prepared for life and that they are learning everything that they need to. 

It is times like this last Friday that help me remember why I do what I do. I do it because I love the kids. I love spending my days with these little sweethearts! With all of their different personalities, there is never a dull moment. And I have an extra special group this year. They are so interested in my life. And they are bound and determined to get me married off so they can plan my wedding. They are so cute and so sweet. Anyways, this past Friday our school board called a mandatory meeting for all employees. My mind did what it always does and went to the worst! I thought oh no, what did we do, it's something bad, and they need to discuss it with all the employees. But it actually was a very good thing. Our school is a new charter school in town and is on to it's fourth year. We've been through a lot through our first four years. And the school board wanted to thank us for our service and all that we do for the school. As a thank you we each got a bonus check based on how long we've worked there. I was in total and absolute shock over this! What a blessing! I am so grateful to have a job and to work with adorable 4th graders. Thanks School Board...you rock!

Popular posts from this blog

{Girls' Trip}

{Lipsense}

{Just Call Me Gimp}