School Shooting :(


There are so many different images that I thouht of sharing here. But this image shows most what I've been feeling ever since this horrid day. As a teacher, this tragedy frightens me so much! All I can thing is what I would do if I was a teacher in that situation. I don't have closets and bathrooms in my classroom where I could hide 25 scared children. What would I do? There is not one single spot in my classroom where I would be able to hide this darling children. I just can't get the thought out of my mind that I wouldn't be able to protect those innocent children if a shooter entered in my room. I hope that a situation like this never happens again. But as a teacher, I can't seem to shake myself of these fears. It is my job and responsibility to keep these children entrusted to my care safe. I hope that if I were ever in a situation like this, I'd be able to protect that innocent children in my classroom. 

I've seen a lot of posts on FB about teachers having guns in their classroom in case this happens again. A friend the other day said the only way to prevent this is if every teacher in America had a gun in their classroom. I absolutely disagree with that thought. Just because you're a teacher doesn't mean that you should hold a gun. I don't think being a school teacher qualifies you for that. There are teachers out there who I would be scared to know kept a gun with them. And thinking of myself I know I'd be too scared to use it. There would be no good reason for me to have a gun in my desk or with me at all times. What a scary thought! I think there are much better solutions to this problem that our country has faced! 

Popular posts from this blog

{Girls' Trip}

{Lipsense}

{Just Call Me Gimp}