Not your ordinary Mothers Day


I started my Mother's Day by attending church. My goal this year was to make it through the entire 3 hour church block this year. I knew that this would not be an easy task. But I knew with the Lord's help that I could do it. Last year I couldn't even make it through the first hour. Now I will say that yes I did accomplish my goal but just barely. Sacrament was pretty god until the end when my bishop got up to say a few words. Up to that point everyone had pretty much spoken about the mothers in their lives. My bishop's point in getting up was to speak of those women who were unable to bear children as well as those women who were unable to wed. This is the point that I lost it. The tears had been on the surface through the entire meeting. But at this point they came pouring out. I headed to Sunday school and did okay there. But then it was on to Relief Society which was the worst of all. The lesson that happened to fall today (as we've been following the manual) was "families are forever" . Of course it was right?! There was a section of the lesson dedicated to the exact same women the bishop had spoken of earlier. At that point I completely lost it...to the point that my cries were loud. But I wanted to accomplish my goal so I worked hard to keep my sobs as quiet as possible without disturbing anyone. That was SOOOO hard to do!! But the lesson was incredible and I really wanted to stay. Hopefully I wasn't too much of a distraction. But I was so glad that I stayed. I felt the Savior's love after the lesson as several women approached me, wrapped their arms around me, and tole me how much they love me. I am so grateful for those tremendous sisters for their spirit of love that they showed to me today. I went home and cried some more. Then I had a horrible crying headache. So I pulled out the PastTense (thank you DoTerra) and then headed to my bed for a little nap. As hard as that was I'm grateful for the opportunity to feel my Savior's love through others. 

Upon waking up, I gathered my things and headed to my parent's house. They were still at church which gave me time to prep dinner. That way we could eat as soon as they were home. My sister Kayla and I made salad, potatoes, and ham for dinner. That was one mighty yummy ham! I wanted to honor my mother and the incredible woman that she is on this Mother's Day. 


After dinner we made his amazing dessert!! Almond Joy Bars! They were yummy but very rich. I think they put us all into a food coma. I stayed for awhile. But then I needed o he'd home and finish a few things up to get ready for my work week. 

A few minutes after returning home there was a knock at my door. My sweet friend Amberly's adorable daughter Mia was standing at my door with a Mother's Day treat. Ho sweet is that!! 

But I also noticed this sweet gift on my doorstep. It's nice to know I'm loved on such difficult days like today. First of all, that's the sweetest note ever. Second off, that's my favorite bubble bath (that I ran out of last night by the way). This sweet tender mercies made my day a little more bearable. I'm so grateful for al o these incredible people in my life!!! 

But then of course I had to do what I was avoiding. I usually have my lesson plans done a week in advance. But I've been a bit behind. And I did plan on writing these on Friday and then ended up in a long meeting. So I wrote my lesson plans for the last two weeks of school. They are going to be two super crazy weeks!! I hope I can fit it all in. :) 

And I was feeling s little better tonight after all the love. So here's me a little happier....with tired eyes from all the crying!! 

And I had to end my day with a nice lavender bubble bath. Awe... :)









Popular posts from this blog

{Girls' Trip}

{Lipsense}

{Just Call Me Gimp}