Hello November!

Wow! It has been a really long time since I last blogged! Sorry about that to anyone who reads my blog. If anyone does actually read my blog?? My life has been so crammed with craziness lately that I seriously couldn't find a single minute to blog. I do want to get caught up and share with you what I've been up to. I hope to be able to get to that this week. Check back in the next few days in hopes of finding updates.

But in the meantime, it's November! How did that happen? I feel like school just started yet we've been in school for 2 1/2 months. I'm absolutely adoring my students this year by the way! It's been very different but very rewarding for me. I've been teaching fourth grade for the last few years and this year I moved up to fifth grade. So I have about half of the same students from last year, which has been extremely rewarding as a teacher. And most of the rest of my students transferred from others schools this year. (A small handful were at my school last year but had the other fourth grade teacher.) Having students for a second year has been so rewarding. It's been great to see the growth and change in them that most teachers miss out on! At the end of the school year, you say goodbye to your students and you hope that they continue to grow. This year I've been able to see that and wow! Anyways, I think it's pretty obvious what consumes my life.

October was a good month. (It always is) Two of my sisters came to visit in October. October is birthday month, so honestly, that made birthday month 10 times better. And not only did I get my sisters but I got their adorble kiddos! What a fun month! And my students ofcourse were super sweet about my birthday as well. I got some really sweet gifts. But I think the best was the student who took pipe cleaners of varying colors who made me and who made a bouquet of flowers. So sweet! But they were all sweet!

Okay back to the point that I started two paragraphs ago. It's November! I love November because of the big focus on gratitude. And today was a great way to start Gratitude Month. First it was daylight savings so I got an extra hour of sleep. Woohoo!!! That was very very needed! Second, we had an incredible lesson on gratitude in RS today. The main point of the lesson was be grateful for what you have now. Don't dwell on what you don't have. Dwell on what you do have! That really got me thinking. It is so easy to dwell on what we don't have. But when we do that, we forget about what we do have. And yes there are blessings that I wish I had (don't we all have those?) But I also have a ton to be grateful for! I am so incredibly blessed in my life. This month I'm going to focus on the blessings that I have in my life. And I'm going to be grateful for them every single day!

Happy November everyone!!






Popular posts from this blog

{Girls' Trip}

{Lipsense}

{Just Call Me Gimp}