Exciting News!!!!

Change is in the AIR...


Well…in case you couldn't guess from the pictures, I'm moving to Provo for the 2014-2015 school year!!! I have accepted a teaching job up there and I'm super excited about it! I will be a fifth grade teacher at Freedom Academy. This is a change that I really need in my life right now. I'm excited to see where this new adventure will take me. I'm also super scared, because this is a really BIG change! 

If you know me at all, you'll know that I HATE CHANGE. But I've been sorta stuck in a rut for the last few years. I love my life and all of the people in it. But I've been very unhappy with some things in my life. And in order to be happy again, I felt like I needed to start fresh. So I'm selling my house, moving to Provo, and starting over. It will be really hard to leave my friends behind, but I need to do this for me. So…Ready, Set, Go! Change! 

Now if you'd like to hear all the details…please keep reading. If not, then stop reading now. This post may get long!! 



This all started about a year ago. Last Spring I was asked to teach Science/History for the 2013-2014 school year. That was not a job that I was excited about. So I started looking all over the place for other jobs. I couldn't seem to find a job anywhere, and I was super bummed about it. I am not a lover of science/history, so I was super depressed about the new job. A few days before school got out my principal asked me to teach 5th grade Language Arts instead of the Science/History job. I accepted the job happily and figured that was where I was supposed to be. It's been a great year and I've loved working with those sweet fifth graders. Well around the start of the new year (January…ish) I started to think that I still need a change in my life. So that's when I started checking online and figuring out where I might want to move or what I might want to do with my life. I stumbled upon a teaching job fair in my research online. So in March I headed up to northern Utah to attend this national job fair. This is where things really began for me. 

The job fair was on March 18th & 19th. So on Monday, March 17th I took the drive up to Lehi. My cousin lives there, so I stayed at his house. The weather was supposed to be nice while I was up there. On Tuesday morning I woke up to snow (which was completely unexpected). Luckily, not much stuck. The first day of the job fair was clear up in Logan at Utah State. So I took the drive up that way. I spent my day in Logan and spoke to several schools. It was very promising. I was feeling good about all of the prospects from that day. I interviewed with several schools on that day. Uintah School District (Vernal…small town, UT) offered me a job on the spot. They seemed like a great district but I wasn't so sure about Vernal. They gave me a week to think about it, and I eventually called and told them no. Another school seemed particularly interested on that day, Raegan Academy in Sprinville, UT. They seemed like an amzing school and I felt really good about that one! 


JOB FAIR DAY #1:


The snow covered car. This was after we'd already scraped most of the snow off of it. 

Room #1 at the job fair. Each school had a booth, so you could go talk to them. 

Room #2 at the job fair. Some school were setting up interviews at the booth. You then proceeded to room #2 to find the interview table for that school. There was also Room #3 (not pictured) where a few schools were conducting more private interviews. 

It was such a beautiful day in Logan! 

Utah State is a beautiful campus! :)


JOB FAIR DAY #2:

On day two, I drove down to Provo for the job fair at BYU. I've always loved BYU! I didn't go to school there, but I just love it there. So once I got to BYU, I just felt so HAPPY!!! Once again, I spoke with several school districts. I spoke with a few from the previous day, as well as some new ones that hadn't been there on day one. I ended up speaking with Freedom Academy, who seemed very interested. It was a really good day.  

I <3 BYU! 

The room of booths. There were curtains up behind the booths here, so it was a lot less open than it had been at the other school. 

The interview room. A lot more private, but a lot less districts/schools were interviewing on day #2.

Provo is so pretty. I love that pretty white stuff. But I hate driving in that pretty white stuff. 

After the job fair, I drove home. That is a TON of driving for only two days. I put my feet up once I got home. I did a TON of walking at the job fair and MY FEET HURT!!! 

AFTER THE JOB FAIR:

After the job fair, it was time to play the waiting game. The day after the job fair, I got a phone call from Raegan Academy. The principal said that he was extremely interested and would like to see me teach. So I drove back up on Sunday night and stayed in Lehi again. Monday morning I drove down to Springville (where the school is located). I taught my lesson and then had an interview with the principal and assistant principal. It went really well and I felt so good about it. That was March 24th…day 1 of two weeks worth of interviews. They said they'd let me know on April 4th. I hadn't gotten a good night's sleep in a week…and then I spent the next two weeks not sleeping well….I wanted to know if I got the job! It was the LONGEST two weeks of my entire life!!! I waited…and waited…and waited… I hardly slept during those weeks...



Sunday night on my way to Lehi I stopped in Springville to check out the school. I loved what I saw!!! :)










Right before my interview:





I was expecting a phone call on Friday, April 4th. When I didn't hear back, I was devastated. Luckily, I have two really good friends who hung out with me that night to take my mind off of the bad news. I waited, and waited, and waited. On Tuesday, April 8th I received an email stating that all positions had been filled. I was so, so sad because I REALLY THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO GET THAT JOB!!!  



About a week later I recieved a phone call from Freedom Academy wanting to interview me. We did a FaceTime interview on Thursday, April 17th over the phone. Then on Monday, April 21st I went up to Provo and taught a lesson at the school. I wasn't sold on the school until I arrived. What an incredible place to work! The lesson went well and everyone was so nice. I felt so comfortable! 


I received an email at 9:30 that night offering me a job. Yahoo baby!!!! I finally got a job after this  year-long process!!!!



Right before teaching at Freedom: 





Popular posts from this blog

{Girls' Trip}

{Lipsense}

{Just Call Me Gimp}