Happy Sunday. Happy Life.


Hello to all of my fabulous blog readers. Today is a good day. I'm not even sure where to begin. But today I felt very strongly that I am exactly where I'm supposed to be. I'm really grateful for that confirmation. I really feel like I needed it. I've felt extremely overwhelmed with my new job and have found myself wondering this week if moving here was the right choice. But attending church today told me that I am supposed to be living here in Provo. It wasn't one particular thing that was said in church. But it was the overall feeling. Let me explain a little bit of what I mean by that. 

For those that follow me on Facebook you know that last week (my first week in this ward) I had to fill out a "ward application" (which basically felt like I was applying for a job. Besides the basic questions, the application asked things such as: "Are you willing to date while attending this ward?", "Are you willing to attend church on a regular basis while in this ward?", "Are you willing to participate in activities while in this ward?", etc. After filling out the application I was told that they have a cap of 250 people for the ward, and that they'd call my previous bishop and decide if I was a good fit for the ward. I posted about this on Facebook and got some very angry responses. Even though I was blown away by the "ward cap and application" I was in no way offended or angry. It seems weird to have a cap but I actually understand it. There are a lot of singles in a lot of different situations in this area. So I feel like this is a process to make sure that you are a good fit for this ward. And while I'm dying to find out if I made the cut, I completely understand the process. It has taken me all week to feel that way though. Last Sunday I felt that they should let me in the ward no matter what! :) And last week just felt so strange because it's been awhile since I've been to a singles ward. I've been attending the family ward for about 3 years now. 

But today it felt a little more natural. I met a few more people. And I actually ran into a dear friend from my college days. It was so fun to see Jenny in my ward! I haven't seen her in forever and it felt as though things had never changed. In sacrament, there were some wonderful talks. I heard a few things that really made me think. The first thing was that you can feel peace without understanding. That really hit me. I have a hard time feeling peaceful until I feel like I understand why or how. But this just really made me realize that I don't have to know why or how. I just have to know that Heavenly Father is there and because of Him I need not worry. The other was to think "Is there any light in this?" when we decide what we watch, listen to, etc. I might choose to watch a show which is not a bad show, but is there light in it? There would be more light in reading my scriptures than there would be sitting and watching a show. We need to think about that one simple question when we are deciding what to do with our time. That is so true! That hit me like a ton of bricks today. I might choose to watch a certain show which isn't necessarily bad but I could be doing better things with my time. What a great sacrament meeting! 

Then on to RS where we had a wonderful lesson!! There are two quotes from the lesson that really hit me: "It is my duty, it it yours, to be better today than I was yesterday, and for you to be better today than you were yesterday, and better tomorrow than you were today." I love this quote! I don't have to be perfect. I just have to try to be better than I was yesterday. Can I do that? Yes! Well...most days. :) This quote reminded me that I don't have to be perfect. I just have to try to become better. What a great reminder. I often feel that if I don't do things perfectly then I haven't done them well enough. That's not true. I just have to be trying to improve in my daily life. That I can handle. :) The second quote is: "If we have a failing, if we have a weakness, there is where we should concentrate, with a desire to overcome, until we master and conquer." This one really made me think. I don't know about the rest of you, but I really like to stay far away from my weak areas. But according to this quote, that is actually where we should put all of our focus. We should focus on those areas and they will actually become strengths. Wow! How scary and exhilarating all at the same time! There was some wonderful discussion on these two quotes as well as others today in RS. It was an incredible lesson with some wonderful thoughts shared. I'm so grateful I was in there today! 

And last, but certainly not least, is the Sunday School lesson. My ward does it a little bit different than most wards, but I really like it. The ward is split up into smaller class sizes. Then in each class, they sit in a circle and there's more of a  chance for discussion. That was a little bit intimidating last Sunday. But I really liked it today. The SS teacher was fabulous and shared some really amazing thoughts! At one point the teacher shared an experience where he was talking with someone who had left the church. This person told him that the church would have to change or we will never survive. He told this person that he didn't think that our church would be changing. But that he knew that the prophets know what they're talking about and he's going to do what the prophets tell us to do. That's so true and I feel exactly the same way. Yes, this world is changing drastically. But that doesn't mean that the church has to. The prophets are our leaders. They talk to God and they know what he wants. They will lead us in that direction, no matter what the world is doing. I love knowing the truth in that! What an amazing SS class! I was once again really overcome with the Spirit. 

I'm glad I was able to attend this ward again today and have a little bit better experience than last Sunday. Not that last Sunday was a bad experience. But it was most definitely a SCARY/OVERWHELMING experience! 

Happy Sunday! Happy Life! I am so blessed!!

{Too blessed to feel stressed.} :)






Popular posts from this blog

{Girls' Trip}

{Lipsense}

{Just Call Me Gimp}