{New Year, New Me}



Well guys. I did it. I joined the gym this week! I've been wanting to do it for awhile, but things kept getting in the way. My sister getting home from her mission and wanting to join the gym together was just the push that I needed! We both joined the gym this week. And I'm proud to say that I've worked out every day since I've joined (minus Sunday aka the day of rest). I have quite the love/hate relationship with the gym. But I've known for awhile that I needed to get my butt in gear. I'm glad I had my sister to give me that little push that I needed! :)

I've always had a hard time exercising because I hate it. It's long and boring and really hard to get through. I've tried multiple different forms of exercise and have never found one that I "enjoy". I have short legs and bad asthma which makes pretty much every form of exercise torture. So I turn on my music and try to pretend that I'm having a good time. If I can distract my mind, it always seem more bearable. I try to make sure I'm nowhere near a clock or I'll check the time every few minutes. With that being said, I really don't like having an overweight, out of shape body...which is the main reason why I force myself to exercise. I often wish my legs were a few inches longer so that exercising might become a little less torturous. But unfortunately that is not a possibility. So I will continue to do what I've done my whole life..."grin and bear it". 

Do those people who talk about how much they love exercise really love exercise?? If they do, I'd love to learn their tricks. Maybe I could find one of those exercise lovers and get them to teach me a few tricks?? I have to admit that the one time that exercising was slightly easier was when I had a personally trainer (provided for me with my gym membership). I felt like he really got me and he designed an exercise routine that was a good fit for me. If only I had the money to hire a personal trainer now...but I don't. 

Anyway, like mentioned above, I've wanted to join the gym for awhile. Before I moved to Provo, I had gotten myself into a pretty good routine. The gym was just around the corner from my house. So I'd go at night either to a class or to just do machines (depended on the night and what classes were available). I do better with classes because someone (other than myself) is pushing me. I can't talk myself out of it when someone else is the one doing the pushing. (Pathetic I realize....but I hate exercise!) Then I'd go home, shower, and plop in bed. I was so exhausted that I slept like a baby (or rather as a husband as I recently heard was more correct)! Then I moved and haven't been able to get myself back in the routine for various reasons. 

In December I found a pair of shoes on sale. (You don't want to know how old my other ones were.) So with a new pair of shoes and a new gym membership I was all set. I've spent this past week getting to know the new gym. I've tried new things everyday. My "favorite" (I use the term loosely) is the bikes that look on the pool. It is easy to distract my mind that way and make the time go faster. But now I'm just itching to get in that pool. Maybe I'll try swimming laps. I wonder how I'd do with that?? I wish there were water aerobics classes at this gym. I'd really enjoy that! I'm going to brave the SPIN class on Tuesday. I've learned since I started doing SPIN a few years ago that every instructor is different. That is why I say I'm going to "brave" the SPIN class. I was told that Saturday is the super intense class, so I won't be joining that class. But I'm going to go try the Tuesday night class this week. It should be good...I hope!! I'm really aching to get in that pool, so I'll have to try that this week as well. 

This post is a bit all over the place so I hope it makes sense!!


Wish me luck as I embark on this new exercise journey!!

New Shiny Shoes!!! :)

I lost my lock in the move so I had to get a new one. While I was at it, I picked up a few other essentials.


Scary comparison! The first pair have survived a lot (including two color runs)!!!



I learned yesterday that Saturdays at this gym are a mad house! I walked the track because I literally could not find an open machine!! I've never had that problem before. And even the track was super crowded. 





Popular posts from this blog

{Girls' Trip}

{Lipsense}

{Just Call Me Gimp}