Rough Day

You know, sometimes life is really interesting. Earlier this year I accepted a job in Provo. I took a huge leap of faith and decided to move. I quit my job, sold my house, and headed to Provo. Read more here and here. I felt very strongly that this was the right choice. At the time I didn't realize how hard the move would be. I have met some wonderful people here and I'm very grateful for that. I really love my job, which has been a huge blessing. But I miss so many people! I miss my favorite gal pals Brooke & McKenna. I miss my crazy ward (Washington 11th Ward) and all of the wonderful people in it. I miss having my parents close by. I miss so many wonderful friends. Most of all...I really, really miss my house!!! Honestly, selling my house was such a difficult decision. And I miss it like crazy.

Although I miss all of these things, most days are good days. I'm so busy with my job that I don't have time to think about it. But Sundays are hard. I tend to have more time to think about what I miss. Today was especially hard. I've spent most of the past month with my family (parents, siblings, SIL, BILs, nieces, nephews...). Today I was on my own and it felt lonely. I have a good ward and a great bishopric, but I'm still pretty new. I had gotten to the point in my old ward that I felt comfortable, I felt at home, I loved it there. I haven't gotten to that point yet in my new ward and it's hard. I'm grateful for the people who I have met and I have to say that they are all wonderful people! There are some amazing people in my ward. But on days like today I just miss all my friends. I miss them so much!!! 

I'm reminding myself today that I moved here out of faith because I had hope for what was to come. So although it may feel a bit lonely I need to remember that I moved here because I knew it was the right thing to do. My sister shared this quote on her Facebook page this week and it is perfect for how I am feeling: "Once there has been genuine illumination, beware the temptation to retreat from a good thing. If it was right when you prayed about it and trusted it and lived for it, it is right now. Don’t give up when the pressure mounts. Cast not away therefore your confidence." 
-Jeffrey R. Holland







Popular posts from this blog

{Girls' Trip}

{Lipsense}

{Just Call Me Gimp}