{The Lord's Timing}


Wow! My sister sent me the link to this talk earlier today. I sat down and read the talk tonight after my dinner. What a wonderful talk! It was the perfect talk for me to sit down and read tonight. If you struggle with timing in your life, you should read this talk. One thing that really touched me was that in our prayers rather than saying: "Thy will be done" we should say "Thy timing be done". That hit me like a ton of bricks. I have honestly never even thought about it that way. But honestly, I often struggle with the Lord's timing. I often want the blessing that I desire from the Lord right now. But according to this article, when we don't respect the Lord's timing we are not respecting Him. We are saying that we know better than the Lord. I know I certainly don't know better than the Lord. I've learned that a time or two in my life.

In this talk, Elder Oaks quotes Ecclesiastes 3:1-2, 4-5, 7. It reads:

To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:

A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted:...

A time to weep, and  item to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;...

A time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;...

A time to keep silence, and a time to speak.

That last part really hit me like it never has before. "A time to keep silence, and a time to speak." I'm not sure why that hit me the way it did tonight. When I read that last line, I just really thought: "Wow. There really is a time for everything isn't there?" That last line just made me realize that whatever it is, whether it's a time to speak up, a time to keep quiet, or a time for something totally unrelated that it all happens in due time. It happens in THE LORD'S TIME! Timing has always been a difficult thing for me. I'm not patient at all, so I have a very difficult time waiting. As most people in my life know I've really had a difficult time remaining single into my 30's. Marriage is a blessing that I yearn for. It is a blessing that when I'm around couples my heart literally aches. I can honestly say that I feel physical pain over this. I know that the Lord has a reason why I've needed to remain single all of these years. But in the moments when I feel this physical pain I have a very difficult time understanding the Lord's timing of the blessing that I desire so deeply. I hope that someday I will understand the Lord's timing for me.

Elder Oaks states: "The first principle of the gospel is faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. Faith means trust--trust in God's will, trust in His way of doing things, and trust in His timetable. We should not try to impose our timetable on His. We can not have true faith in the Lord without also having complete trust in the Lord's will and in the Lord's timing."

This quote kind of breaks my heart. I feel like I'm a pretty faithful daughter of God, and have been my whole life. But the one thing that I have struggled with for years is being single. I yearn for that companionship of a spouse. It hurts me to read this quote and think that because I struggle with the Lord's timing of this one blessing that means that I am not being faithful to my Heavenly Father. It is very difficult to have unwavering faith when you've had the same trial for as many years as I have. I know that I need to accept the Lord's timing and be satisfied with my life. Honestly I have a wonderful life with wonderful people in it. It's just hard to accept the Lord's timing on this one blessing that I feel I am missing out on.

I'm grateful to have read this article today. It has served as a reminder of those things which I need to work on. It is a beautiful article and was such a blessing to me tonight. Life is all about the Lord's timing. I'm willing to work on accepting that fact, even through the hard days. I know I won't be perfect at it, but I can try a little harder.





Popular posts from this blog

{Girls' Trip}

{Lipsense}

{Just Call Me Gimp}