My testimony...


This afternoon at church I attended a beautiful Relief Society meeting. The lesson was all about how we gained a testimony and where it all started for us. The girl giving the lesson started by asking us to ponder the question above. She asked us to think about when we first knew the church was true: What question did you have on your mind?, What did you want to know?, What were you pondering?, etc. 

It really got me thinking about my own personal conversion. My conversion is different than that of some others. But I feel that my conversion started at birth when I was born into such a great family. I was raised by parents who are very strong in the gospel. They love The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Not only do they love it, but they live it! Growing up in the family that I did, I never had any doubts. I always knew the church was true. I never had any questions or wondered if the church was true. I just always knew that it was. 

With that being said, I do remember the day that I absolutely knew and felt that the gospel is true!! The summer after 8th grade my family took a trip back east. We toured several of the church history sites. We toured one pretty important site: Carthage Jail. We were touring the jail, and we were upstairs in the room where Joseph and Hyrum had been staying. My dad started to sing "A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief" (Joseph's favorite song). The instant that my dad started singing that song I just knew. I felt the spirit strongly and I knew that the gospel is true. It was a wonderful experience that has stuck with me all of my life. It is a very vivid memory that has helped me many times throughout my life. 

I am so grateful to have the gospel of Jesus Christ in my life as a blessing and a help. I am so grateful for the knowledge that I have of the gospel and of my loving Heavenly Father. I love him with all of my heart! I am so grateful to know that through my doubts and my despair I can turn to Him and He will help me. 

Happy Sunday my friends! 

Popular posts from this blog

{Girls' Trip}

{Lipsense}

{Just Call Me Gimp}